Photoshop is a powerful tool with almost endless possibilities! But many are overwhelmed by all that it offers and find it much easier to look for other options when editing and manipulating photos. The good news is that with a little help and instruction there is no need to be intimidated.
This comprehensive 8-week Online Workshop will guide you step- by-step through using Photoshop for editing your images. Once you finish this class, you will have the skills and the resources to complete your photographic vision with one of the most powerful photo editors available!
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS or newer
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Location: Online within the Pretty Forum.
Dates: Workshop will begin Tuesday, November 1st, 2016. Lessons will be presented every Tuesday for 8 weeks, and may be accessed at your convenience.
Materials: All lessons will be in written format as well as include video tutorials. All PDF and video tutorials for the course are downloadable for you to reference.
Instructor: Mandy Glisson
Time Commitment: Approx. 3 to 4 hours a week. Non-members have access to the workshop forum for 8 weeks after the start of the class. Don’t forget to download everything you need prior to that date! Members of Pretty Forum will have access to the workshop forum for an additional 4 weeks to review and download workshop material for future reference.
WEEK 1: ORGANIZING & SETTING UP YOUR WORKSPACE
- Locating, placing panels and saving your workspace
- Choosing a screen mode
- Installing Actions + Locating the Actions Panel
- Checking and setting up your Color Settings
WEEK 2: INTRO TO ADOBE CAMERA RAW
- Why it’s important to use ACR for your RAW Images
- Opening your RAW photos in ACR (and how to open jpeg files too!)
- Adjustments using Basic Panel, Lens Correction Panel, & Camera Calibration Panel
- Rating & Culling
- Syncing adjustments for a faster workflow
WEEK 3: INTRO TO ADJUSTMENT LAYERS & USING CURVES AND LEVELS
- Learn about adjustment layers and why they are important
- Locating and applying adjustment layers in Photoshop
- Brief overview/description of what each adjustment does and offers
- Correcting exposure, adding contrast & fixing shadows and highlights
- Making color corrections
- Adding haze, matte & creative color enhancements
WEEK 4: IN-DEPTH ADJUSTMENT LAYERS & USING THE HUE/SATURATION TOOL
Using Layers in the Layers Panel
- Making changes to existing layers
- Changing the layer opacity
- How & when to flatten your layers
- Layer masking for selective adjustments
Using the Hue/Saturation Tool
- Vibrance vs. Hue/Saturation and an in depth look at Hue/Sat Panel
- Selective color adjustments
WEEK 5: IMAGE ROTATION, USING THE CROP TOOL & HISTORY PANEL
- Learn how to flip your image horizontal or vertical and why
- Cover “problem areas” in the background by flipping image and masking
- Using the crop tool
- Getting the basics, how to use the crop tool and keep original proportion
- Creating crop presets for print and other sizes
Utilizing the History Panel and Taking Snapshots
- Using the History Panel to access different states of your edit
- Taking Snapshots to save your edit state
WEEK 6: CREATIVE EDITING
Intro to Blending Modes
- How and when to utilize the blending modes dropdown option
- Most used blending modes and what they do
- Using blending modes to create depth, airy imagery, and an added drama
Using the Gradient + Gradient Map Tools
- Learn how the gradient tool can add haze, light & vignettes
- Using the gradient map tool for split tone enhancements
Week 7: PERFECTING YOUR IMAGES
- Learn how to complete a face swap
Using the Spot Healing Brush Tool, Clone Tool & the Patch Tool
- removing unwanted items or blemishes in an image
Skin Tones 101
- learn to correct problem skin tones
- Create creamy skin tones
- Remove blemishes, scratches, etc.
- Correct splotchy skin tones
WEEK 8: FINISHING TOUCHES AND AUTOMATING YOUR WORKFLOW
Black and White Conversions
- Covert your image to black & white and customize the tone
- Learn to use blending modes & the gradient map to make your B&W images pop
Setting up Shortcuts
- Set up and save your shortcut keys to make specific actions and tool selections easier
Automating your Workflow
- Adding a single adjustment to multiple images
- How to record multiple adjustments and applying to multiple images
Sharpening Your Image + Removing Noise
- Using the Shake Reduction and Smart Sharpen filters
- Learn to remove noise using the noise filter and add noise for creative edits
BONUS VIDEO: Watch Mandy edit an image from start to finish using the techniques learned throughout this course.
NOTE: After you complete registration you will receive an automatic email with further details for the workshop (please check your spam box if you do not receive this email). If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email email@example.com
*Study-Along registrants will have full access to the materials, and may study along; however, are not able to post questions or photos for critique.
(total class size will be limited to 35 Full-Participants and 45 Study-Along Participants)
Workshop seats are non-refundable, and non-transferable.
Please sign up on our waitlist for our next Photoshop Lab Workshop